5 ways to beat afternoon boredom
Although you and your kids might be at home for the next several weeks, that doesn’t mean you need to stay inside or be absorbed by Disney+. Sarah Baier and Caitlin Yoder, Lilly Center staff members, have pulled together a few helpful, science-oriented projects for those bouts of afternoon boredom.
1. Home Science Tools – 3-7th grade
2. 52 Things To Do – All ages
3. California Native Plant Society – 8-12th grade
- Opening the World Through Nature Journaling – A Guide
- And here’s a nature journaling how-to for younger kids!
4. Mocomi Fun – 2nd-9th grade
- This website is full of interactive, engaging videos and activities for all subjects, including science, math and history and more. Check out Do Fish Sleep? and Biodegradable and Non Biodegradable Waste!
5. 40+ of the Best STEM Water Science Experiments – K-6th grade
- Here are 40+ STEM and STEAM projects that can be done at home with tools you already own.
Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page. We have several more education-resource surprises planned for the coming weeks! Topics include turtles, frogs, ducks and fish. Join the conversation on Facebook by telling us how you’re combating afternoon boredom!